I have a love/hate relationship with zoos in general.
- My guess is that zoos have made people aware and proactive in the fight to save some of the Earth’s most amazing animals.
- I appreciate that they help prevent the extinction of some species but I hate that it is necessary.
- I hate that often more emphasis is placed on the display than the needs of the animals.
- On the other hand, if visitors couldn’t see the animals there would be no funding.
- I wish every zoo had the resources to allow every animal sufficient space and a more natural environment.
I appreciate the ones that make an honest effort and humanely care for their animals.